Colorado’s military families who support deployments will have access to FAMLI benefits when they become available in 2024. The FAMLI benefit is available for family members to support them through the service member’s duty to the state and country.
- Military Family Members (Exigency) Leave is based on a need arising out of an individual's family member's active-duty service or notice of an impending call or order to active duty in the armed forces. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing for the care or other needs of the military member's child or other family member.
- Making financial or legal arrangements for the military member.
- Attending counseling, military events or ceremonies.
- Spending time with the military member in preparation for deployment or during a rest and recuperation leave following the return from deployment.
- Proof of the service member’s active-duty service.
- For all reasons an individual applies for FAMLI leave, the Division may request additional reasonable information or documentation necessary (outside of what’s asked for in My FAMLI+) to process the claim.