Apply for FAMLI benefits!
My FAMLI+ is the online portal Colorado workers will use to manage their claims for paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI). My FAMLI+ allows Coloradans to apply for benefits, submit required serious health condition forms, review the status of their claims and manage their benefit payment options.
Please refer to the My FAMLI+ User Guide for Claimants and our How-To Videos to familiarize yourself with My FAMLI+.
Have these items handy when applying for FAMLI benefits:
- Your contact information. The person applying for benefits in My FAMLI+, or their designated representative, will be the primary account administrator and will need to set up multi-factor authentication in order to log in.
- Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer ID Number.
- Your Employer’s information.
- If applying for FAMLI benefits to care for yourself or a loved one, a Serious Health Condition form completed by a licensed health care provider.
- If applying for parental bonding leave, a birth certificate or other documentation of birth or adoption for foster-care or kinship-care placement.
- The start and end dates of your leave.
- Know how you’d like to use your leave (continuously, intermittently, or on a reduced schedule.)
- On the first day of your leave: log into your My FAMLI+ account to confirm that your leave has officially begun!
For more details on what’s needed for specific situations like Military Family Members (Exigency) Leave and Safe Leave, please visit our Individuals & Families page.
If you’re applying for leave in advance:
REMEMBER: The final step before the FAMLI Division can approve your benefit payments is to let us know that your leave has officially begun. This will show up as a task in your Claims Dashboard in your My FAMLI+ account. Even if you successfully submitted all required documentation up to 30 days in advance of your leave start date, you must log into your account or call the contact center to let us know when your leave has officially started.
Share your feedback with us!
Your feedback about your experience is important to us. After applying for FAMLI benefits, please complete this survey to help us improve our customer experience.