Welcome to the Division of Family and Medical Leave Insurance
Colorado voters approved the paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI) program in 2020. FAMLI ensures Colorado workers have access to paid leave in order to take care of themselves or their family during life circumstances that pull them away from their jobs, so workers don’t have to choose between earning a paycheck and taking care of their families. When life happens, FAMLI has you covered.
FAMLI benefits officially became available on January 1, 2024. Covered Colorado workers may receive up to twelve weeks of leave per year to:
- Bond with a new child, including adopted and fostered children.
- Care for themselves, if they have a serious health condition.
- Care for a family member’s serious health condition.
- Make arrangements for a family member’s military deployment.
- Address the immediate safety needs and impact of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
Those who experience pregnancy or childbirth complications may receive an additional four weeks for a total of 16 weeks per year.
Both employers and employees contribute premiums to the program. Premium contributions began in January 2023. Use the FAMLI Premiums & Benefits calculator to estimate the cost of your premiums and your potential benefit payment.